Unrequited love

24/07/2021  02.05


Loving is like running into huge waves 

While smelling the saline water 

Putting your pride in a place and never look back 

Never think why you did 


Love is like trying to catch an early bus 

Waving hands to attract the driver’s attention 

But waiting and waiting for the another one 


Love is like passing oceans without a ship 

While cold wind blowing 

And feeling hopeless, desperate, tired 

Beloved I thought that you were my destiny 

You will never know how much I loved you 

You gave up already 

Maybe I was impetuous to say I loved you, naively 

Like I do everything in a rush 


I was falling into the sound of your voice 

My heart was exhausted

Until I met you 

I was blind to feel your anguished soul from your eyes 

You were broken as yellow leaves in autumn 

Craving deeply, pretending not to be 


How can it happen in that short time? 

I even did not look for a chest to rest until I die 

Dying in the shade of your lashes 

Which I have missed in my whole life 

Searching for a restless heart 

Hurt, half, standing alone 


If you are in pain, share with me 

I will carry your burden 

Some people advise me that emotions are not real 

Then I would say that has never crossed my mind 

What if I believe love from the bottom of my heart 

What if the real love still exists 

Thoughts are chasing me 

Just like they do usually 


Now I’m looking at the starred sky 

One is shining very brightly 

Can we reach the stars?


Göksu Kabadayı

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kısa Hikayeler

Unintentional love

Başlıksız Şiirler