Iron Lady


Her TedX video 

I would like to talk about a Ted talk that touched my life and my heart. It is called 'I am not just a leg, I am much more.'

Neslican Tay was 20 years old when she was diagnosed with cancer, but it was too late. She had to receive high doses of chemotherapy treatment. In 2017, doctors had to amputate her left leg, and then her story began. One day I saw her video on YouTube while I was complaining about trivial things in my life. It immediately caught my attention. I have always believed that God guides us, and her video was a sign, or maybe I was superstitious. 

The speech was about Neslican's life story and her point of view about cancer after she lost her left leg. She was an iron lady who always poked fun at her disease. Even before her operations, she wore make-up and a wig. She lost her leg, hair and had many operations, but she never lost the joy of living. She is not among us now, but her opinions will live in my heart forever. 

The last words of her speech are 'Love your life, love yourself, love your body. Love your hair, height, weight. Love your left leg for me too.' Neslican Tay


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kısa Hikayeler

Unintentional love

Başlıksız Şiirler